Monday, November 24, 2014

Let's Smash The Champagne!

            The IndieGoGo campaign has been launched!... And I’m a little scared. It’s this weird combination of scared and excited and if I had more time, I’d think about it. But in all reality, it’s just what happens when you finally take a leap. It’s just been so long since I have.

            Even when I was filming the video for it, I wanted to vomit. I hadn’t been on camera since… ever.  Even then I was playing a character, not being all me the whole time. Fumbling and screwing up lines – as me! Basically, what I’m trying to say is it’s scary.

            Putting yourself out there for acceptance. Asking people to help on your own dream. Desperately needing to cast off those thoughts of ‘why would they’, ‘why would anyone care?’ That’s the past there, that’s the negative crap saying you aren’t good enough. Nah, those voices were always there, I just was too bull headed to listen. I need to remind myself of that.

            Why wouldn’t they? Why wouldn’t you? Why wouldn’t I help out? I would, I have, why wouldn’t someone else help out me? Why wouldn’t a bunch of someone else’s? That’s what I’m hoping for. Wait, no, I take that back – I don’t like ‘hope’, ‘hope’ pisses me off. That’s what I’m counting on. Yes, that’s better.


            So that’s it, for now. If you read this and you ask yourself ‘why would I?’, besides the response of ‘why not?’ let me add,  because this is going to be awesome, because then you’ll be a part of something awesome, and because you’d be helping me out and I’m not all that bad. Join me in something scary!

No comments:

Post a Comment