Monday, May 19, 2014

El Campaign

            There are so many steps in the creative process. From time to time I catch myself mentally saying, ‘step 1, blahblahblah’.  Must break that habit, there are no steps, only Zuul. Any.ha.way, creative process, that’s what I’m here for, to finally talk about what the project is.

            I generally shy away from big announcements, because when I fail I don’t have to answer to anyone about anything. Notice the ’when’? Yup. So, I’ve decided I’d much rather be the person that I admire from now on, and not the person who plays it safe and waits to fail. Or better yet, not start, or stop mid-process, because of, what the hell ever, it really doesn’t matter – I’m kind of sick of that sh*t. 

            The project is called The Collector. It’s a short film I wrote over last summer. I’m planning on directing it and getting it made. I know approx. how much it’s going to cost, and now it’s time to get the money, get things in order and start the campaign. This is my announcement.


            The plan is to figure this out as I’m going. No, I don’t know anything about fundraising, pitching, what ‘things’ I should have in order, who to approach or even how. I’m not even sure if I already know these things. What I definitely do know, absolutely, is that if I don’t do this, I will regret it.

            I’m also planning on posting this process, here. For a myriad of reasons, even if it’s just accountability, I’m getting it on paper.

            So there, Universe! I’m putting it out there! I’m making it official! Oh dear God, I’ve made it official.    
             

No comments:

Post a Comment