Thursday, January 2, 2014

Moments Of Clarity

I get a really odd moment of clarity every day. I mean, it’s really lucky that I get one at all, and for that I totally appreciate it. But I’ve narrowed down the moment and what I get bombarded by.

The moment is: As soon as I am aware I am awake, laying in bed – you know, right before you decide ‘Alright, I gotta get up’ and it ends as soon as I speak, hear anything (besides background) or drink coffee. It lasts throughout feeding the cats and making the coffee, because I can do those things in my sleep, as soon as my mind purposefully engages, it’s gone.

What is it: Freakin’ everything. A better way to do something, things I meant to get done yesterday, things I need to get done today, a new idea to write, an interesting camera angle or a cool picture to take, add ‘this’ to that recipe and it will make it better, this is what you should say in that email you’ve been struggling with, here are 18 titles you’ve never thought of, you need to get ‘this’ done before you do that other thing you really want to do, check out these 5 websites. Seriously, it’s everything, at once.


I have learned to write things down quickly, especially those that stick out like a bell ringing.  But it’s not everything going on in the noggin. I’m almost afraid if I were to tap and able to write everything down, what it would be.

No comments:

Post a Comment