Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Merry Christmas Eve-Eve!

      Christmas is a few days away. I'm trying to focus on the holiday right now just because other things seem very overwhelming. I don't get stressed over a holiday. I like to plan and plot, but I don't see the point in getting stressed over gift giving and eating great food. Granted, I don't have children, but still, to get upset and frothy over finding gifts and baking pies? It's not curing cancer, and it's not even close to brain surgery. My shoulder muscles are in knots over other things.

      My job concluded last week. The holiday break was always going to happen at this time, but instead of feeling 'YAY! Two weeks off!' it's more odd than joyful - well, I have two weeks off, then possibly more weeks off after that. Blech. Besides not having a regular paycheck, I'm not going to see my friends daily. That's really the bummer. The upside is, and what keeps me going when shit like this happens, this will end - the only thing that good times and bad times have in common is they both end. That sounds so downer, but if you think about it, it's kind of nice. This not having a regular job, it will end, I'll meet new people, I'll have new adventures I haven't even thought of yet. The 'bad times' is just the walk to the next door to open. Look how inspirational I am!

      The other thing is (the main thing is) - The Collector. I need a marketing push, or something. I'm not sure how to raise more funds, and I must. Just typing these words make my muscles tense up. I'm excited about talking to people about costume design and makeup for the fairies, but it's going to cost money. Even if everyone donates their time, I need to pay for materials. Erg! I tend to freeze when I get overwhelmed - like suddenly my brain ceases because I'm thinking of all the things that need to happen, I can't prioritize, the thoughts pour into my brain like a waterfall (and they're not creative thoughts, they're 'f*ck I need to do this' thoughts) it overflows and I become paralyzed. Next thing I know I'm playing with shiny keys on the floor. And that really isn't productive at all. So I focus on Christmas.

      I guess what I'm trying to say is, you know - give me money (said with a smirky smirky smile). Or give me ideas on how a can raise more. I'll take any and all suggestions, besides the spam that fills my Indie GoGo inbox. Apparently, that's the new Nigerian prince gimmick - I have dozens of PM's in my inbox all saying the same thing 'if you give me $5 I'll tell everyone in my feed to donate to your campaign', and they only have 70 connections. Seriously. Anyway, If anyone knows an inexpensive way to put the word out, I'll take it - or knows someone with extra cash that has always wanted to get into the filmmaking business, send them my way. Until then, I'll be wrapping gifts and playing with shiny keys.

Donate here    check out the Facebook page here

No comments:

Post a Comment